Sunday, July 21, 2013

Caven-Glo Sail On

Here is a pic of me in the early 70's on Eve Oakley's Caven-Glo Sail On.

Sail On was a 1966 son of Caven-Glo Red Sails out of Poppy Ashmore (Lippitt Ash, Jubilee's Amber). Red Sails was by Dorian Ashmore out of Eve's beautiful foundation mare, Jubilee's Gloria.

Sail On was eventually sold by Eve, gelded, and found some years later in unhappy circumstances. He was rescued by friends and returned to Eve, where I believe he lived out his remaining days.

During the 70s, I had the enormous good fortune to ride for Eve at her Sylmar, CA farm and to know such amazing Morgans as Cavendish, CG Red Sails, Legend or CG, CG Challenger, Pandora, Poppy Ashmore, Sunseri and others.

I wish so much that I had more pictures to share!

Chris Lewis Wipff

No comments:

Post a Comment