Friday, August 12, 2011

Topside Eager Beaver & Funquest Leeza

These Morgans were in Chadron Neb. I once visited that area. Way back in the summer of 1969, my family was taking a vacation and we went to that area to meet relatives of my maternal grandmother. We stayed in Chadron & went also to Hay Springs & Valentine. I rode a horse in Valentine, which is right across the SD border from the Pine Ridge reservation. That entire area was a hotbed of Morgans. Likely the horse I rode was part Morgan. If only I knew then what I knew later; I could have dragged my family around to see Morgans!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter sent this link to me. This is my husband's parents. The Morgans have long since gone and have been replaced by Quarter Horses. But I never get tired of seeing the Morgans that were raised here.

    ReplyDelete